Friday, March 8, 2013

bread!


it has been in the high 30s for about a week but i'm so hooked on this great bread recipe that i'm baking anyway!

have posted the recipe on facebook and instagram and thought i'd share it here too.

i've never been much of a cook but i have been making changes with what i'm eating as a way of looking after myself and doing the best i can health wise and have noticed good results. it's been worth the effort and doesn't bother me to be not eating sugar, dairy, gluten, soy ~ there are a handful of foods that clash with my medication too, making them ineffective 8{ . . .  anyway, it all seems much closer to my natural food preferences {i was brought up in a slightly hippy place/era!} so it suits me ok!

if you are interested: to avoid the small amount of gluten, i found swapping the oats with half quinoa flakes and half millet flakes with the same amount of water worked well. somehow the millet seems to make it crunchier and a better texture. also swapped the linseed for sesame and pepitas {linseed = estrogen issues!}. i made a version with just sesame and chopped dates too ~ yum! and easy!

6 comments:

lamina@do a bit said...

It looks so yummy! I want to make it what is the base recipe did you use?

belinda marshall said...

hi Lamina ~ it's at the bottom of this post.
http://mynewroots.org/site/2013/02/the-life-changing-loaf-of-bread/
love her blog!!

Meeling said...

Looks and sounds delicious and hearty!

Vickie said...

yum, that looks good :)

annamaria potamiti said...

It looks awesome. I will try it Belinda thank you! One of my daughter's is a vegan but she found that eating quinoa often was creating lots of digestive problems for her as well. I am always searching for new yummy/healthy recipes!

Carmel said...

Hey Belinda, have just made a second loaf of this bread. Is it not the most AMAZING bread you've ever eaten? Life changing bread says it all really. Though my friend calls it change of life bread, which in my case happens to be true. I also don't do dairy, wheat, sugar for health reasons. And I love that all the ingredients are mixed up in the bread tin. All too easy, too yummy, too healthful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin