Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2 new prints and 3 'new' collages






so far january seems to be about house-keeping for my shops rather than creating masses of new work {which in my imagination i had planned to do!}. i have made some new pieces which i hope to share soon ~ but they have been a little tricky to photograph . . . i've also spent most of the time doing family stuff instead of working ~ usually the summer holidays is a great chance to get lots of work in. it's been fun.

the 2 new prints: full moon with birds and we live in the hills are prints of some of the first drawings i added to my etsy shop {2 years ago in march}. i almost feel that i could add a 'vintage' tag to them! they were done in the post studio/oil paint, pre-acrylic days!!

you might remember the collages ~ sometimes i miss the listing step in my rush to get to the next thing.

thanku for all the comments on the artwall post. i forgot to mention that the site was illustrated by jessica gonacha swift :)

** don't forget to add your details with your comments so i can visit you too :)

18 comments:

June rhymes with moon said...

Ooh, you know I love "we live in the hills" and the white-on-white collages are amazing.

Janelle

Christie Cottage said...

The prints are cool,and I agree with janelle about the white on white collages! Awesome!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.ocm

jeanamarie said...

the two prints have such a soft dreamy nature - places I could sit a while for certain :)

Cindy at PrettyNeat Designs said...

I just love the first print. It seems like a place I could spend forever.

june at noon said...

I really like the (almost) all-white collages!

E L K said...

your pieces are so pretty one and all, my favorite are the all white ones...so clean and architectural

Kellie said...

Beautiful as always Belinda!
Scoutie Girl is featuring collage next week
http://www.scoutiegirl.com/2010/01/one-to-watch-me-plus-molly.html
scroll to the end to see where she mentions it
Thought you might be interested

Lauren Simone said...

The second one is my favorite....i love how your work really makes me want to look at every detail. :)

Ren said...

I LOVE these new collages. They are sparse, and yet full of energy. Minimalist, and yet have a lot to say. Great job.

Annamaria said...

I really love the 'white' collage works- they make me think of Ben Nicholson - but I also like your 'pre-acrylic' work too- its quite fascinating to see the progression to further abstraction-
Annamaria xx

Jessica Torrant said...

Those collages are so subtle and beautiful - love the white on white with just a touch of color. Your work is a meditation, a state of reflection and peace and I am drawn into each piece with a contemplative state of mind.

Kristina said...

Hi Belinda, I don't think I've ever mentioned how much I love your white/almost all white collages. They are heavenly! the two new art works are awesome too. Hope you're enjoying yourself. xo

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful pieces. i to am not at all getting around to doing anything than unpacking and cleaning, the masses of new work i had in mind are gonna stay in a little box inside my heart until the time comes to come out...

Leililaloo said...

They are beautiful pieces. i to am not at all getting around to doing anything than unpacking and cleaning, the masses of new work i had in mind are gonna stay in a little box inside my heart until the time comes to come out...

JB said...

I saw your things featured on
http://www.kiireyblog.com/2010/01/gretchenmist-the-artistic-endeavors/comment-page-1/#comment-157
the Kirey blog. They are so beautiful, they made me catch my breath. Thank you for sharing and being you.

cabin + cub said...

pretty! i am finding it hard to get back into work mode after the holidays!

Kelley said...

I know lots of other people have said this already, but your collages really are awesome! I've never seen anything quite like them before. I especially like the green one.

katie said...

love the colors in your new prints!

I found your blog through etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that your blog is lovely! have a beautiful week!

xo, Katie
http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin