Wednesday, September 16, 2009

my creative space . production








there was a bit of a production line happening in my space this morning as i finally got 20 large sheets of paper cut into pieces. it got tricky on the 2nd lot as i realised that my beautiful hot pressed cotton paper sheets from france were actually big parallelograms rather than rectangles! a little wrangling with the long metal ruler and the cutting mat required to get some straight lines to work from . . .
i started on some drawings ~ i thought i'd do some lights on paper . . .
and, the most ambitious idea: i'm going to make a calendar for 2010 with these small collages! {i know most people who are doing calendars already have them done, but it seems that i want to go full steam ahead a little late anyway!} i hope to have the collage parts finished tomorrow and to work on the clean up and layout over the next week.

i hope you've had a lovely time in your creative space today! pop into kootoyoo for more spaces or to show yours :)

14 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

something about piles of lovely paper ... can almost smell it!

hoppe that doesn't sound as weird as it does when i read it again ...

i think your calendar will turn out really well!

Anonymous said...

hiya. first time visitor to your blog. how have I missed it???? i wish i had been a graphic designer in my pre-child life. it would make my present interests/projects a whole lot easier. sometimes i wonder if i should pursue it, but the thought of going back to study with teenagers makes me shudder! i feel old enough as it is! a short course perhaps?

MooBear Designs said...

WOW... hehe I love the lamp I want to paint it or embroider it or something!! French paper... special indeed!!

xo Steph

Ooty said...

oooooooooh I am loving your french paper!!!

Anna Betts said...

Ooh yum, cutting paper is so satisfying! Any excuse to get the scalpel and cutting mat out.
I'm loving your collages, and totally agree with you on the beauty of highlights of the edges of cut pieces. I know it's a simple thing but is so beautiful :) When I first saw your close up images with white pieces of card, I thought they were of a modernist plaster wall, stunning!

woollywotnots said...

Ooo I love that photo of all your delicious paper. What a great idea to display your lovely work through a calendar. Fab!

RedorGrayArt said...

belinda so nice to see art in this stage...a calendar will be lovely I know~elk

Red Red Completely Red said...

What lovely looking paper! Love your lamp drawings, too!

-Astrid

june at noon said...

I love assembly lines! I really like that first photo of the paper. Makes me want to make something. ;)

vadjutka said...

I love the drawing with the lamp and the big circle .. I wonder how it will look, when ready.

annamaria potamiti said...

What gorgeous paper- I use hot pressed too- the loveliest! Good luck with your calendar!
Annamaria :)

Chocolate and Steel said...

oh cool! I can't wait to see it.

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Ohh, your space is just bursting of energy! I love it!
And the calender is a fantastic idea! When it's done, perhaps you can submit it here: http://decor8blog.com/2009/09/17/submissions-needed-calendar-round-up-2010/

heather smith jones said...

Full steam ahead on your calendar, it will be beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin