Friday, October 2, 2009

happy friday!


i drove myself slightly mad today trying to improve those photos ~ even though i said i'd be happy with the not-so-great efforts in the last post! i guess i'm like that . . .
it'd be so great to get it right, and there is every good reason to learn how to take great photos of my work. i read these helpful articles from etsy's storque on ev + white balance, sharpness/clarity/crispness and hisotgrams and levels again, re-read the manual and played with 2 cameras and all their different settings. i will get there! and i promise i will share some winning techniques when i do.

. . . am sure the egg on the right is just as good as the egg on the left ~ a treat for my egg-loving dog!

happy friday to you :)

7 comments:

Kylie said...

Good luck Belinda! :) K

p.s. (your dog eats raw eggs?! for some reason I find that hilariously funny..!)

caroline/oh chalet! said...

belinda, you have motivated me to improve upon my photos. i'm going to concentrate on, and learn from these articles - even if it kills me! :)

Prayers4Theresa said...

Trying to improve my photos has been, and will probably continue to be, a challenge for me - I feel your pain! I think I have rehauled all the photos in my shop at least 4 times with different backgrounds and image techniques. It's a chore I don't really enjoy but understand it needs to be done. I'm a bead-crafter, not a photography major dang it! LOL!

shellie said...

I think your eggs turned out quite nicely!

Janelle said...

I think most of us are not photographers :) I'm always having to adjust one thing or another, but I think I'm getting better at remembering to change all the right settings on the camera when I start. It's so frustrating to take pictures, bring them up in Photoshop, and realize that I forgot to set the white balance. It's faster for me to go take the pictures again than to try and fix them.

M* (Melanie) said...

Yes the perfect photo. Admittedly I am a little slack on that front. That being said I don't have a great camera either so it's not always easy.

I think your photos are great but then you are taking photos of all the beautiful things you make so how can they not be?? ;)

libu said...

I have never seen an egg yolk like that ..is that some photogrphic magic.? I've always feared something weird coming out of an egg shell.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin