Friday, February 8, 2013

calendar





i decided this year to make our own calendar. i did look for one in the shops of my favourite artists and found many i'd love to hang but none of them had quite enough space for writing stuff in.

it was such a fun project to make ~ i really love collaborating with the kids. i let them take the lead, no prompting and we quickly get into a quiet, focused space. the little one works fast! like his ideas have a deadline. although we were both wanting to make the whole year in one go, i thought i'd try to keep it as a monthly habit, mainly as a reminder to actually stop with the busy life things and sit and do more work with them. i'm going to want to keep it forever too!

am also learning how to use imovie to make a video for my big project, which i really hope to be finishing soon :)

11 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Clever and very sweet!! Have fun with the video making xx448

lamina@do a bit said...

I agree you do need space to write in a calender! Love it... such a goreous idea! Very cute little movie too :)

prettylittlethieves said...

super cute! and a great idea!

Erin said...

Such sweet calendars they made!! I like that you'll do this with children every month :)

Mia said...

I'm really fussy when it comes to the calendar I use - after all it's got to carry us as well organised as possible through the year - it's the one area in my life I don't let aesthetics lead the way! But I never thought to make my own, I guess I dont think theres enough time but I love how you are making the time for it as a special point in itself. I love kids drawings too - great idea!

Paravent said...

That's so gorgeous :) Great idea Belinda. I agree about the space problem - it's why I hardly ever buy artist calendars now because I need one as a practical tool. I'd much rather buy an artwork and appreciate it as so and have a calendar of blank spaces for what I need it for :) x

june at noon said...

It's a great idea, and I am loving that kid art! I like the idea of sitting down together once a month to work on it (although I'd likely have to mark it on my calendar or I'd forget!). :)

Meeling said...

Wonderful craft activity with the kids!!

Kristen Donegan said...

Their work is lovely Belinda! what a good idea!
Good luck with the video and am totally curious about your "big project!"

Unknown said...

Hello Belinda you WON!
Please send me your address with your final decision!
Love + hugs
Barbara

Jodi Wiley said...

Love that little video. So cute! I didn't buy a calendar this year for the same reason - not enough space to write. I'm once again relying on the trusty Leunig from The Age. This is a great idea though. I love these drawings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin