Thursday, April 23, 2009

my creative space



most of my creative energy this week has been devoted to learning the art of making a soy latte with my new coffee machine. am so excited to be able to make myself a coffee that tastes as good as my cafe coffees - and as a soy coffee drinker i am pretty fussy {most places seem to really muck up the soy part making it taste like soggy burnt cardboard - if you hate soy that's probably why!}. will work on making it look pretty too . . .

the pic above is a screenshot of a couple of new prints i am working on in photoshop. i need to clean the backgrounds and make the colours work in the print like they do in the original. {am having second thoughts about the one on the left}. i'm hoping to get to my other desk tomorrow and let out almost 3 weeks worth of creative energy!!

to see more creative spaces or share yours, head to kootoyoo to play.

thanks to mallory . where the lovely things are for the blog mention.

hope your week has been great :)

8 comments:

Audrey said...

I like the prints you are working one!! Very cool.
Never been into latte's - but have fun with your new machine. Having fun with a "new toy" - that I understand!

Chrisy said...

Lovin the new machine...

Anonymous said...

The prints look like they are going to be great. Love learning new machines. Hubby just bought a coffee bean grinder and we are having fun with it.

Janelle said...

Good luck with Photoshop...I've been arguing with it for about a week trying to get decent looking prints of my pencil drawings. You'd think it wouldn't be that tricky - only the paper color/texture and gray pencil lines to worry about. I think I've finally got the settings right so I can add print versions of the drawings to my shop.

The coffee machine is...great? I don't know, I don't drink coffee :)

Janelle

Unknown said...

Yay for you new toy! What fun! I love your new work in photoshop can't wait to see how the finished product. I'm really liking the pink and red together!
Sophie x

Kirsty said...

Hope you've had some success with the coffee machine. Vital to creativity methinks.

Jemma. said...

I am always amazed by anyone that can use photoshop with any semblance of skill :)

edward and lilly said...

Oh my heavens, if I had that machine I would never sew again :D
I've tossed around getting one in the past but I've always slowly backed away too afraid to feed the evil caffeine addicted beast inside me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin