Thursday, April 23, 2009

friday . work in progress . etsy day


i worked on this painting today. i lost 2 albums in the process! i started on the white layer, about one third of the way down, and before i knew it a whole album had played {beck - the album after 'the information'. i don't know the title as it's on my shuffle!}. this happened twice. don't you love it when you are so absorbed in what you are doing that time means nothing?
sadly this pic doesn't bring out all the detail in the painting as the board is half a centimetre too big for the scanner, which means it's not flat on the glass. not sure what i'll do about that.

happy friday night. hope you are doing something fun to mark the end of the week :)

did you know that it's etsy day today?

8 comments:

kristina said...

wow! i love your prints :) glad i stopped by to visit
and happy etsy day :)

Rachel Power said...

Beautiful image. I also love the South Side painting in your earlier post. I have written about Hundertwasser on my blog--your work reminds me a lot of his. Enjoy the rain!

tangled sky studio said...

beautiful piece....this color combination is original and fresh. the scanner thing is an issue for me too....i usually just photograph anything too large to scan....
happy friday to you!

beth

Waxy said...

Great painting! BTW - I thought everyday was Etsy day!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I love to see work in progress! Thanks for sharing! :)
Oh and I totally agree with Amy: everyday is Etsy day! :)

Janelle said...

I'm getting better at scanning stuff that's too big for the scanner and reassembling it in Photoshop. It depends on how rigid your board is, but for my stuff I can scan it in two parts. I think I need images to show what I mean...maybe a little how-to on my blog?

Janelle

.girl ferment. said...

pretty

happy weekend

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous, but of course it's gorgeous - I love all you do! I just adore your use of color and contemplative forms. Happy Etsy Day my dear. Have a great weekend. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin