Tuesday, January 4, 2011

power break!




:: spoonbill and egret
:: wetlands
::
frogs and bananna leaf

**images via tim olsen gallery

i spent two nights away from home in a glamour hotel ~ the olsen hotel ~ which is one of the art series hotels in melbourne. it features hundreds of prints of the work of john olsen {dr john olsen} and an original painting in the foyer. there is a small art library in each room and a lovely pool.

it was great! you know how hard it is to take a true break/holiday when the kids are little and work is at home . . . this is my solution {a bit indulgent, i know}. i slept 13 hours the first night! i read, swam, looked {properly and slowly} at books and magazines . . .

hoping to get into gear and do some work now!

thanks for the lovely new year messages ~ hoping that january is treating you well :)

11 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I can see the energy in each of the pieces. You are off to a great start :) Can't wait to see your other paintings.

Kylie said...

Oh Belinda - what a wonderful idea! I think I'd be much saner if I had the presence of mind to escape more! ;) Have fun exploring all this inspiration! Kx

tangled sky studio said...

i feel the second one especially but what a treaty to see them and more in person. relaxation and inspiration...sounds perfectly lovely!

happy new year : )

I'm Yee Von. said...

Hi there,

Happy New Year to you and I hope you have great rest to start the year with new energy! :D

Also, I would like to give you the "Stylish Blogger Award" for your awesomely stylish blog! :)

How this award works is that it's passed on from blogger to blogger, so I received the award from someone and I pass on the award to others. Part of this award is to write 7 things about yourself (on your blog post) and pass this award to 15 other recently discovered blogs you think deserves this award too.

You can see my post and the link for the award here! http://chanyeevon.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-week-in-2011.html

Thank you and have a great day!
Yee Von

Cathy said...

What a dreamy getaway- pool, leisure reading, and beautiful art.

Happy New Year Belinda. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.

Tracey said...

I've drooled over that hotel in the past ... that's such a wonderful and well-deserved treat. Sleeping, swimming and reading sounds P-E-R-F-E-C-T

I can't wait to see what the year ahead will see you create! :)

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Great escape and what beautiful art!
Melbourne is such a cosmopolitan city - I love it! Lucky you! :) Enjoy it all!

Dana Barbieri said...

wow lucky you! and good for you. and what a great husband you have.

Frannie said...

A lovely getaway!
Happy January to you!

nathalie et cetera said...

this sounds like the perfect break! wishing you many more like this!

Galit said...

Wow lady! This sound dreamy!!!
never heard of this hotel before but it sure looks like THE place to recharge.
Well done with enabling yourself this little indulgent!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin