Wednesday, July 22, 2009

creative space . white out




this is my space today! i'm trying out some new ideas/techniques with the pendants + brooches. some of the wood pieces have absolutely beautiful grains that can be highlighted, but some are a little dull. i've used a gesso base on these which works better under a sketch than acrylic as it's chalky rather than plasticy to draw on. i'll coat them with a glue-like medium to 'stick it down'. this coating may also lift the surface a little too.
the last pic is one that i'd almost finished ~ i was was liking how the outlines were working then slipped up with the brush and totally wrecked the whole thing with a blob of blue on the right! o well! am wishing my paints were safer to use ~ am so scared of getting any on my skin with all those cancer warnings on the bottles that it makes me clumsier . . . {how can something you love so much give u cancer??}
i hope to get round to everyone's space in the next couple of days {sorry in advance if i don't straight away} ~ i have my dad and his wife in town and my husband's 40th birthday 'festival' starting tonight!

for more creative spaces, go see kirsty :)

25 comments:

edward and lilly said...

oh my, speechless! The white is lovely.

Anonymous said...

these look stunning! love them

Leonie Guld said...

They are simply stunning. what a gorgeous space you have this week.

Kylie said...

The white really is a stunning effect, Belinda - love them! Thanks for letting me know about Bloesem! I'm blown away! Take care with those paints girl! and have a fab time at the party :) K

june at noon said...

These are really great. I like the little lamp, and the color in that last one is so pretty.

Leslie said...

Those are really great. I love the turquoise and red. So beautiful!

Jessi said...

stunning as always!!!

annamaria potamiti said...

Really lovely Belinda, just as I was saying how I love the'colour' white! I am intrigued by the way the last one looks the way it sits on top of another drawing...
Enjoy the festivities !!!
Annamaria

Grace said...

they are beautiful!

Selina said...

I love these. So simply beautiful.

Kirsty said...

So beautiful. I love these brooches.

Michelle said...

I love the woodgrain + paint effect. Just beautiful!

Melissa G said...

These brooches are charming.

Unknown said...

Oh they are so beautiful I would love to attach one to my long winter cardis! will be first in line for one!
xx Courtney

woollywotnots said...

beautiful, simple but so effective

Lori P said...

Very creative! I've been inspired. :)

mchen said...

There's something about painting white on a neutral or darker background that I love. It makes the highlights pop especially...

I hope you're also in a well-ventilated spot. Art stuff is scary, I must say. I've always said that I'm sure I carved a few years off my life while I was studying fine art!

These are gorgeous — love watching your works in progress!

nevin said...

These are so pretty. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us..

Michelle said...

Stunning. I love the look of the white ones.

Amanda Nicole said...

Wonderful! The white wings outlined in colour are divine.

Anonymous said...

su-weet! i love the trees on the top pic. they all look stunning

M* (Melanie) said...

I love visiting your blog and space. It's filled with beautiful creations all the time

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Your images are so lovely working with those wood textures and patterns.

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I love the woodgrain too! Your brooches are beautiful!
Happy birthday to your hubby! My partner will be 40 too this year. :)

kellie said...

I have loved seeing your creativity come about ~ from the artworks to the pendants. They look fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin