Wednesday, July 22, 2009

creative space . white out




this is my space today! i'm trying out some new ideas/techniques with the pendants + brooches. some of the wood pieces have absolutely beautiful grains that can be highlighted, but some are a little dull. i've used a gesso base on these which works better under a sketch than acrylic as it's chalky rather than plasticy to draw on. i'll coat them with a glue-like medium to 'stick it down'. this coating may also lift the surface a little too.
the last pic is one that i'd almost finished ~ i was was liking how the outlines were working then slipped up with the brush and totally wrecked the whole thing with a blob of blue on the right! o well! am wishing my paints were safer to use ~ am so scared of getting any on my skin with all those cancer warnings on the bottles that it makes me clumsier . . . {how can something you love so much give u cancer??}
i hope to get round to everyone's space in the next couple of days {sorry in advance if i don't straight away} ~ i have my dad and his wife in town and my husband's 40th birthday 'festival' starting tonight!

for more creative spaces, go see kirsty :)

25 comments:

edward and lilly said...

oh my, speechless! The white is lovely.

Linda said...

these look stunning! love them

Leonie Guld said...

They are simply stunning. what a gorgeous space you have this week.

Kylie said...

The white really is a stunning effect, Belinda - love them! Thanks for letting me know about Bloesem! I'm blown away! Take care with those paints girl! and have a fab time at the party :) K

june at noon said...

These are really great. I like the little lamp, and the color in that last one is so pretty.

Leslie said...

Those are really great. I love the turquoise and red. So beautiful!

Jessi said...

stunning as always!!!

caramela said...

Really lovely Belinda, just as I was saying how I love the'colour' white! I am intrigued by the way the last one looks the way it sits on top of another drawing...
Enjoy the festivities !!!
Annamaria

Grace said...

they are beautiful!

Selina said...

I love these. So simply beautiful.

Kirsty said...

So beautiful. I love these brooches.

Michelle said...

I love the woodgrain + paint effect. Just beautiful!

Emjie said...

These brooches are charming.

Courtney said...

Oh they are so beautiful I would love to attach one to my long winter cardis! will be first in line for one!
xx Courtney

woollywotnots said...

beautiful, simple but so effective

Waterstone by Lori Plyler said...

Very creative! I've been inspired. :)

mchen said...

There's something about painting white on a neutral or darker background that I love. It makes the highlights pop especially...

I hope you're also in a well-ventilated spot. Art stuff is scary, I must say. I've always said that I'm sure I carved a few years off my life while I was studying fine art!

These are gorgeous — love watching your works in progress!

nevin said...

These are so pretty. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us..

Michelle said...

Stunning. I love the look of the white ones.

Amanda Nicole said...

Wonderful! The white wings outlined in colour are divine.

claribell said...

su-weet! i love the trees on the top pic. they all look stunning

M* (Melanie) said...

I love visiting your blog and space. It's filled with beautiful creations all the time

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Your images are so lovely working with those wood textures and patterns.

ArtMind said...

I love the woodgrain too! Your brooches are beautiful!
Happy birthday to your hubby! My partner will be 40 too this year. :)

kellie said...

I have loved seeing your creativity come about ~ from the artworks to the pendants. They look fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin