Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my creative space





i have a new addition to my space this week ~ these paper drawers from ikea! i built them during the week and finally got them into my space and cleaned up a little today. so annoying to have to build when time is short, yet so satisfying too when done! {we have been watching 'the wire' and they have a couple of very funny scenes with stressed/impatient detectives trying to quickly set up ikea house for the nights when the kids are coming to stay, i could relate!}.
i played around with some photos of the finished {to a point} pieces, even though the light was terrible. i started some new darker rectangles and put in some detail layers on two paintings. the painting that is not shown has lots of yellow ~ which is not me at all ~ and i couldn't post a picture as it looks pretty *ugly* at this stage! am hoping that it's like one of those oil pastel pictures we did as kids with the black layer over colour, which only show their true beauty right at the end! will see what happens tomorrow.
hoping your thursday has been good {and creative} so far ~ pop in to kootoyoo for more spaces.

**thanks for all the giveaway entries ~ if you haven't entered yet, click here!

21 comments:

Kirsty said...

Those paper drawers look wonderful & just absolutely perfect for you.

Kylie said...

Oooo I've been eyeing them off too! They look so cool. Loving the colours in your top photo too - love the greys and greens together :) K

Hilda Vanessa Ramos said...

I've always wanted one of those drawers to organize all of my drawing and paper.
And I love that you're in the future! I read your blog and your on the next day, it's pretty cool when all the other bloggers I read dont update on the weekends and you do (strating friday here).

Leonie Guld said...

You space always looks so clean and organized. I need to use a light box to get that effect. Just beautiful again this week.

Unknown said...

Oh Ikea just has all the perfect things for an organised creative space, loving the new drawers and your always beautiful and tidy space!
Sophie x

woollywotnots said...

Your creative space is simply beautiful. It looks so calming and inviting

Lucy Bowler said...

Congrats on your ikea hands! And I'm loving your work, as ever. It's just so luscious... and now I'm heading off to enter your giveaway! Thank you x

Umatji said...

Lovely photos with great colour - I hate my camera and it 'shames' me on my blog all the time so thanks for your lovely pics and inspiration.

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

Looking good, you are so neat and tidy... I must try to be more like that!!

our little love nest said...

Loving these! I so need to get on with a creative space. With 4 kids and a small space, it is hard to find a little niche of my own. Your space is always so soooo pretty. Mine is filled with kids' food nearby and toys. xo

annamaria potamiti said...

I have been wanting one of those for the longest time- it looks lovely with your very beautiful
artwork inside!!Your space does always looks clean, organised and tranquil- just like your art which has a very meditative quality...
have a lovely day
Annamaria

elk said...

they are a wonderful edition ...great space

Janelle said...

That's so funny that you aren't posting the one that looks ugly right now! I have such a hard time posting anything that's an experiment or at an odd stage :) And some things just go straight into the drawer so nobody sees them.

Janelle

Kate said...

Your colours are so clear and beautiful, they make me thirsty.

Aris said...

your creative space is beautiful and so inspiring! You make me want to be neat and orderly. You say so much in your work- with so few words- but always the right ones. Well chosen and lovely.

Amanda Nicole said...

Your colours make my day :)

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I think I will need to see the yellow, Belinda. You made me so curious... ;)
Great, organised spot you have!

M* (Melanie) said...

I love your space always.

june at noon said...

Such great paper drawers. I love drawers. Anything to put something in, I'm a sucker for it.

Michelle said...

The drawers and everything in your space looks lovely. I hope the yellow painting reveals it's beauty for you.

Alisa said...

Oh, I love those IKEA drawers, I have some in my space as well. Love how the drawers just glide in and out. They feel so well made which I can't say about every piece of IKEA furniture I've ever owned. And your work looks so pretty neatly stacked in them, mmmm, so satisfying!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin